- Perform outside sales functions for NGK Spark Plugs.
- Responsible for serving existing accounts and maintaining the relationships.
- Assist Regional Sales Manager as necessary with assigned tasks.
- Business travel up to 50%
- Work with RSM to accomplish special projects as assigned.
- Update inventories of existing accounts; this includes restocking and labeling shelves/bins with NGK products and adding new part numbers to inventory lists.
- Assist customers in matching inventory with marketplace.
- Provide technical knowledge to customers when needed.
- Create, coordinate and implement promotion/pull-through promotion for the assigned accounts.
- Continuously train counter persons on NGK products to ensure their technical knowledge is current and they are capable to promote NGK product to end users.
- Continuously train shop owners and technicians to ensure their technical knowledge of NGK products is current and they are able to promote NGK products to their customers.
- Update WDs, Jobbers, Stores and Shops when new products or product lines are launched.
- Cultivate new customers; introduce them to NGK products; and show them the benefits of selling NGK products.
- Participate at trade shows; this includes setting up booths, handing out promotional materials, and answering questions concerning NGK products.
- Complete various reports and other associated paperwork including monthly forecast.
- Plan/create a Marketing approach to the customers that gives us an opportunity to increase sales.
- Provide market data, competitive intel and other feedback to HQ Sales and Marketing team
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures including IATF16949 and J-SOX related policies as applicable.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Continuing Education or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in communicating in writing and verbally using the English Language
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the automotive aftermarket
Sales and/or Marketing experience preferred
- Ability to perform business math functions
- Ability to manage given territory with respect to sales volume, profitability and marketing
- Effective time management
- Skilled in problem solving
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to train others
- Proficiency in MS Office suite of products
- Experienced in using any Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool preferred
- Possess a valid state driver’s license, proof of insurance and an acceptable driving record
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed