- Maintain excellent customer relations and assist in resolving customer issues.
- Coordinate NGK’s response to customer RFQs with quotations, create commercial models and set strategy to win new business.
- Complete sales forecasts and planning materials as necessary.
- Negotiate pricing, terms and conditions, lead times, and other commercial considerations on new or existing business.
- Coordinate annual customer productivity requests.
- Monitor PGM adjustments and initiate pricing changes in NGK’s system accordingly.
- Use NGK software tools (SAP, BI) to check, repair, or report on NGK sales.
- Be the key commercial point of contact for a specified customer (or set of customers).
- Engage in meetings with Purchasing, Engineering, Program Management, and other customer functions at a working level.
- Be the key advocate for assigned customers’ needs (and NGK USA’s position) in direct communications with NGK Japan, NGK Europe, and other global NGK facilities.
- Utilize customer websites and other software tools to respond to customer requests.
- Stay current on industry trends and take that into account when creating forecasts and planning materials.
- Manage product changeover or part number changes in a manner that minimizes either dead stock or the use of premium freight.
- Structure and negotiate commercial claims related to obsolete stock, premium freight, or other extraordinary costs with customers.
- Review and coordinate approval of key documents (quotation letters, agreement to General Terms and Conditions, etc.) prior to distribution to customers.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures including TS16949 and J-Sox related policies as applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent field
- Minimum of 1 year related experience in automotive industry preferred
- Strong negotiation and sales skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills verbally and in writing
- Excellent project management skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, with strong skills in Excel
- Possess a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record
- Possess mental faculties consistent with performing at least the minimum essential functions of the job required
- Ability to operate a keyboard
- Ability to see and hear (correctable)
- Ability to communicate verbally
- Ability to drive a vehicle
- Ability to travel
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed